Thursday 16 January 2014

5 Reasons Why I Love Girls

Season 3 of Girls has just started on HBO and I for one am so excited it's back. I thought I'd give a run down of some of the reasons why the show is one of the only things I continue to watch religiously.



1. Everything Shoshanna says
There's nothing that comes out of her mouth that doesn't make me laugh - "Obvi we're the ladies!"


2. The locations
Some of the episodes have such beautiful shots and landscapes. One of my all time favourites is Episode Seven of Season Two - "Video Games". The whole thing was like a feast for the eyes and by the time it ended I just felt so content.


3. Ray and Adam's relationship
Even though it was only explored briefly over one episode I thought the pair bounced off each other so well.



4. The ending of each episode
Somehow each time it seems to end perfectly. Personal highlights include Hannah and Jessa in the bath with Wonderwall playing and Hannah and Marnie dancing in Hannah's room. 



5. The little things that you pick up when you re-watch episodes
When Hannah, while eating a bundt cake, turns to Charlie and asks "Nothing bundt trouble?" The pun was initially lost on me but the second time round I felt as if I'd discovered a secret language of Hannah's.



No comments:

Post a Comment